Medical Emergencies and First Aid
What should you do when you, a co-worker, or visitor is sick or injured and require medical assistance?
RAF Campus: Call 9-911
- Report the emergency to the Jeffco Dispatch Center
- Average expected response time by city emergency responders for Broomfield campuses is 5-8 minutes
Boulder Campuses: Call 911 from any desk phone
- Your 911 call will be answered by the Mesa Lab security/front desk, which is staffed 24/7
- State the nature of the emergency and where the injured or ill person is located (building and room number)
- Security/front desk will immediately notify city emergency dispatch, send a security officer to the scene, and prepare to escort emergency responders to the location
- Average expected response time by city emergency responders for Boulder campuses is 5-8 minutes
First Aid Kits and AEDs
First Aid Kits are located in all building common areas. More extensive first aid kits, along with automated external defibrillators (AEDs), are located at the FL2, CG1, and ML front desks. RAF and NWSC have first aid kits and an AED located in their first aid rooms.